A Law Firm That Knows Liquor Law
Whether you are the general counsel of a national restaurant or hotel chain, a local caterer trying to expand your business or an aspiring entrepreneur contemplating a wine import and wholesale business, you have one thing in common – the need to legally buy and sell alcoholic beverages. The ability to traffic in alcoholic beverages is the lifeblood of your business and the lack thereof would be crippling. With each state, the federal government, and often times each individual county or municipality having its own distinct set of rules, the prospect of navigating through the complexities of alcoholic beverage controlissues can be daunting.
The Skene Law Firm can provide comprehensive solutions for all of your alcoholic beverage licensing and compliance needs on an international, national, regional, or local basis.
RetailWe provide full service liquor counsel for national restaurant and hotel chains, concessionaires, catering companies, package stores and a variety of other on-premise and off-premise vendors. Some of our services include:
- Obtaining new state and local retail alcoholic beverage licenses and assisting in the renewal and maintenance of existing licenses;
- Required reporting of changes in existing retail licensed corporate entities occasioned by mergers, acquisitions, business reorganizations, the addition or removal of corporate principals and other similar changes in corporate structure;
- Representation in the purchase or sale of retail alcoholic beverage licensed businesses and/or the identification and acquisition of existing retail licenses in those jurisdictions in which licenses are s More
Wholesale & ImportingWe represent beer, wine and spirits distributors and importers operating on a local, regional, national and international level. Some of our services include:
- Obtaining all necessary federal and state distribution and/or importing permits and assisting in the renewal and maintenance of existing licenses;
- Preparation and negotiation of distribution agreements with licensed manufacturers;
- Guidance in federal and state compliance and trade practice matters;
- Expertise in state franchise law issues.
ManufacturingWe provide alcoholic beverage counsel at the federal and state level for brewers, winemakers and distillers operating throughout the U.S. Some of our services include:
- Obtaining all federal and state licenses necessary for the manufacture of alcoholic beverages and the sale of product to licensed distributors;
- Obtaining required federal label approvals and state brand registrations;
- Expertise in trademark registration and protection;
- Preparation and negotiation of distribution agreements with licensed wholesalers;
- Assistance with customs related issues involving taxes, duties, bonds, etc.
E-CommerceAs consumers are becoming increasingly comfortable with purchasing alcohol online, internet sales of beer, wine and liquor have grown exponentially. The various states and local jurisdictions are still adjusting to catch up to technology and have not yet adapted their laws to fully accommodate the space. Our firm represents online retailers and related e-commerce solutions as they navigate this developing area of law. Some of our services include:
- Obtaining new state and local retail and direct shipping licenses to allow for online sales of alcoholic beverages direct to consumers;
- Guidance in federal and state compliance matters involving licensing requirements, marketing/advertising guidelines, payment solutions and related trade practice issues;
- Representation in appealing to state More